Braces. Not many people are overjoyed by the thought, but many people, kids and adults, have them. The end result of wearing braces can be a very rewarding one, but the process can prove challenging in some regards. One aspect that can prove to be difficult is cleaning your teeth. At first, it might seem tricky, but if you know how to approach the situation, it’s easy. Marion Dental Group, located in Ocala and Lady Lake, wants you to be equipped with the knowledge of how to keep your teeth clean if you find yourself or your child wearing braces.
Cleaning Your Teeth With Braces
- Before. Be sure to remove the elastic bands and any other removable parts from the braces.
- Clean braces. Your teeth aren’t the only things that need to remain clean, the braces themselves need a good scrubbing as well!
- Brush your teeth. After steps one and two, move on to your teeth. Brush each tooth individually in a circular motion like you would without braces. Angle the brush as needed to get into the gaps in between braces.
- Floss. Just because you are wearing braces, doesn’t mean you can’t floss. Specialized floss has been created to make it easier to clean with braces.
- Rinse. After you have completed these steps be sure to rinse with mouth wash to ensure that anything left over is taken care of.
- Consult your dentist. If you are still having trouble cleaning your teeth properly, ask your dentist for advice!
- Don’t forget! While wearing braces stick to your regular checkup and cleaning schedule!
Contact us to schedule your hygiene appointment. Also, if you're interested in straightening your teeth but would like to avoid metal braces, ask for a Clear Correct consult!