It is said that smiling can make you appear younger. However, if your smile has been tarnished by damage, decay, and staining, it can have the opposite effect. Many people start to see their smile deteriorate during their 30's and early 40's due to wear of teeth and skin damage. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) has recently shared a few tips for reversing the effects of aging on your smile.
see url Dentists can often predict a patient's age by checking the wear patterns of their teeth. At Marion Dental Group we can rejuvenate your smile with procedures that include:
- Tooth contouring and reshaping - This procedure can correct minor imperfections by simply polishing the worn edges and sharp angles of your teeth, making them appear more aligned and symmetrical.
- Porcelain veneers and crowns can provide optimal esthetics and function to worn or damaged teeth.
- Dental bonding procedures conceal gaps, chips, and stains using tooth colored resin composites.
- Use moisturizer around your lips and wear lipstick or chapstick with at least SPF 15. This will help prevent further development of new wrinkles.
- Stop smoking and try to avoid second-hand smoke as much as possible.
- Eat foods that are rich in antioxidants like berries, beans, and dark chocolate to prevent premature aging.
site de rencontre sГ©rieux quГ©bГ©cois Replace Silver Mercury Amalgam Fillings
At Marion Dental Group we advise our patients to leave amalgam restorations that are intact as more tooth structure will need to be removed to replace them with tooth-colored solutions. In the case of failed restorations or in highly esthetic areas, replacing silver fillings can brighten your smile and hide your age.
mi sanitas citas online Whiten Teeth
Teeth become discolored from drinking, smoking, and poor oral hygiene. The advice is to not overdo it when it comes to whitening. A natural shade of white will appear more youthful than an overly white smile that draws critique. Once your teeth are professionally whitened at Marion Dental Group, it is advised that you limit your intake of staining drinks like grape juice, red wine, tea, and coffee. Also smoking should definitely be avoided. A simple trick is to always wash drinks down with a glass of water to not allow these staining agents to coat your teeth.